translate

Saturday, November 22, 2014

adventures in loli-land #1: museum murder mystery

Dear fairies,

Let's backtrack, shall we? I am still catching up on what I did over the past few months! During the summer I went to another lolita meetup which was a murder mystery at the art museum. I asked my best friend, Catherine, to tag along with me. Before the meetup, we met with my friend Vivian at her university theatre changing rooms to get dolled up in lolita. At first I wasn't sure which outfit to wear, but since Vivian was going for her Frankenweenie ouji style suit with a feathered hat, I decided to go with my Alice and the Pirates Jellyfish Princess x Kuranosuke Stripe jumperskirt (which I wore later for Halloween) with a feathered hat ^_^ Since Catherine isn't a lolita (yet) I let her borrow my Innocent World x Mucha one piece dress (perfect for an art museum meet)
and put together the best accessories I had to go with it for a sort of bohemian look.




Once we were all ready to go, we went to meet up with the rest of the group who was eating at Cafe Express. I had a yummy chicken pesto salad and headed out to the museum once we got our fill. This was an art museum I have never been to before and its free admission permanent collection was just so wonderful that I recently visited it again.



The murder mystery began with a crime scene outline of a victim who was murdered by one of several characters from art pieces around the museum. In every section of the museum there were live actors who were sitting in front of paintings or statues of people, and they assumed the character of the artwork they were in front of. The museum visitors had to go around asking the characters questions about the crime and what had happened in order to obtain clues as to who might have killed the victim. This was very awesome to see all of these people dressed in their costumes and stay in character the entire night. Although we didn't correctly guess who it was, we all unknowingly took a picture with the murderer before we knew who she was!



I loved talking with the others at the meetup, hanging out with my best friend, and seeing beautiful art such as one of Claude Monet's water lily paintings. This was technically my second lolita meetup where I wore lolita. The first one was a few years ago for a Valentine's Day meetup at a vegan restaurant where I wore a sax blue Bodyline one piece. I think I did pretty well for my first legitimate coord at the museum, but I'm still growing in that department.
So, expect to see more adventures in loli-land posts soon! I hope this doesn't put any of my lovely fairies off  >.<  I still love fairy kei and wear it most of the time in my everyday life!



 What I Wore




Feathered Hat With Veil: Icing by Claire's

Kuranosuke Stripe Jumper Skirt: Alice and the Pirates

Lace Bell Sleeve Blouse: Dear Celine


Black Knee High Socks: Offbrand


Platform Tea Party Shoes: Offbrand

Black Gloves: Offbrand


White Hello Kitty Purse (not shown): Loungefly



~Sparkling Ga Eul




2 comments:

  1. You look adorable! I seriously love what you wore.
    It looks like you all had so much fun! Always been interested in going to a Lolita meet up, But I am so shy so I am not sure tehe. Awesome read, hope to see another post soon!
    ^.^
    Scarlett
    Kawaii Blogger at - pasteldreamandrainbowskies.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be shy about it. If the girls in the group are good, they will be open to you even if you don't wear lolita. If not, then you don't need to be hanging with those people!

      Delete