translate

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

confession #9: i am a "part-time" lolita

Dear fairies,

Yes, I am a sort of "part time" lolita of sorts I suppose, but I guess I don't like to say "I am a lolita," since fairy kei is what I wear most often. I have always been an admirer of the fashion on and off, but after seriously delving into historical fashions and costume design, I have come to love the classic lolita style specifically since lolita is based on historical styles.

Interestingly enough, I think as a fairy, that I am probably the minority when it comes to the style of lolita I dress in. Most girls who are sweet lolitas come to fairy kei and most fairies who come to lolita go towards sweet lolita. Of course, the reason behind this is obvious as the two styles share a dominant pastel palette and a young girly flair. 

Personally, I love classic lolita with a bit of a twist, and the current dominant color scheme in my wardrobe is composed  of browns, ivorys, reds, and golds.

I have been building up a small wardrobe for a few years now, and I usually wear lolita for specific occasions. I have loved going out for afternoon tea even before I began my wardrobe, so naturally I now wear lolita when I am having tea with my boyfriend or mother. I also have many opportunities to go to nice dinners and events where I would don a lolita coord. Of course, if a local lolita group is having a meetup that strikes my fancy, I will dress up. 

 

While fairy kei is my main fashion that I aim to wear regularly, lolita is there for those occasions that call for nicer dress. Therefore, as someone who doesn't wear lolita often, I try to keep my lolita wardrobe to a minimum without all the extra "frills," if you will. I do love all the pretty things that lolita has to offer, especially those things which I find a personal affinity with, such as the Swan Lake print here which shows my extreme love for the composer Tchaikovsky. No, I will not hide my Twilight Sparkle-inspired hair under a wig with my lolita coords!

So, with that, I will be posting a few lolita or other JFashion things not related directly to fairy kei in the future ^_^

~Sparkling Ga Eul



2 comments:

  1. I wear mostly lolita fashion daily and fairy kei only sometimes~~ But I do like both styles! :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's the reverse of what I do! Lolita takes a lot of effort, so I understand why most girls who are lolita usually have that certain fashion take precedence over any other styles they wear.

      Delete