translate

Thursday, July 31, 2014

japanese street fashion show take 2!

Dear Fairies,

In February I was part of another Japanese street fashion show at the local Asian Art Museum. They were having an after dark event, so some members of the Japanese fashion community got together to put on a fashion show of different styles.

There, I met two new fairies, Carol and Amanda, who were very lovely ladies. I hope to meet with the again soon ^_^ A very interesting coincidence was that we all ended up wearing Disney shirts as you can see!

The event was very impromptu so we didn't have a rehearsal period. So, when it came time for me to walk down the runway, I didn't realize that we were supposed to keep walking through the audience >.< Instead, I went off the other side of the stage area haha

It was a nice little night of fun to catch up on some of my great J-fashion friends and to make new ones! In the pic above, next to me is lolita, Angel Light, who was great to record most of this fashion show as she did in the last fashion show I was in. You can see my slightly embarrassing walk XD




 What I Wore



Pom Pom Bow Barrette: handmade (bought at convention)

Plastic Hair Clip: Target (full price)

Pink Rhinestone Glasses: Claire’s (on sale)

Belle Beauty and the Beast Shirt: 90s Vintage

White Suspenders: Hot Topic (full price)

Shorts: 90s Vintage (from my mom)

Socks: Target (full price)

Custom Shoes: Reebok (full price)

Disney Mickey Mouse Winter Button: thrift




~Sparkling Ga Eul

2 comments:

  1. You look so cute! I love your vintage Disney t-shirts <3 I started to follow you, so I don't know you so well. Do you wear spank only? or all the fairy styles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! It may be a good idea for you to look around at my other posts for a better explanation of my views on fairy kei.

    Also, while I understand your meaning, I don't consider "spank" a style simply because Tavuchi, the owner of Spank! herself doesn't like to consider it a "style." Therefore, I personally don't care to divide fairy kei or many other kei fashions into subcategories because they are extremely flexible styles. Lolita is one of the only fashions I consider the substyles for since it is a more strict fashion.

    I dress how I want to dress in fairy kei without thinking about any specific sub-style because I think it hinders creativity and the kinds of clothes I buy. But I guess if I were to give you the answer you probably want the most, I say that I emphasize the 80s/90s fashions the most in my wardrobe, but I sometimes do the more "girly" side of the fashion depending on what I want to do. As my blog title suggests, I'm still exploring the style and my wardrobe is still in need of variety!

    ReplyDelete